Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sourdough...ugh.

Ok, here we go again. I have tried, several times, to start a sourdough starter. I would love to be able to make my own sourdough bread, pancakes, pizza, etc. Besides the fact that sourdough is my husband's favorite kind of bread, and I think it is totally delicious, it has many health benefits! But try, fail, try, fail, try, fail. So, tonight I was overtaken with sourdough ambition and decided to try again. The starter takes a week to mature before it can be used, so here I am posting on day one of starter. I am hoping I can soon share a sourdough success story!

You can find the instructions I'm following for my starter here.


All you need is flower, water, and a wide-mouth cup to put it in.


Mix 1/4 cup water with 3/8 cup flour...


...and cover!

Now I just wait for the starter to show signs of life (bubbles, change in smell, rising) and then I can start feeding it! I will master you this time, sourdough starter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails